This lantern is a well built example of a civil war glass lantern. Glass being produced in America since before the American Revolution, this one dates from the late 1830’s to the 1870’s. Although this one is built with strips of tin to protect the glass wire was a common alternative as well.
Stands 10 inches tall
Copied from the collection of Old Sturbridge Village.